- Clean up your feed. You want your tweets to impress prospective employers.
- Follow the leaders. This way, you'll get in the know about PR.
- Retweet every day. Flatter employers while also keeping your name out there.
- Tweet for the job you want, not the job you have. Write tweets from a PR industry perspective.
- Network: Assess your follows and followers; you probably need more industry pros.
Saturday, February 4, 2012
Tweet for a #job
Nowadays, using social media to market yourself differentiates you from other job candidates. It makes you stand out to employers, especially when your tweets are comprised of PR related topics and retweets from industry professionals and your favorite PR employers. Ron Culp, PR veteran, offers us a few tips on utilizing Twitter to your career advantages on his blog, Culpwrit.com: